1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. In a large frying pan, sauté onion, red pepper and garlic for one minute. Add ground beef, Italian sausage and pizza seasoning to onion, peppers and garlic, cook until browned. Remove from heat, set aside.
3. Line a lightly greased 9x13 pan with 6 sturdy brat buns or hoagie buns, sliced and slightly opened. (4 across and two on the side)
4. Add a scant cup of the meat mixture to the inside of each of the buns.
5. Layer meat filled buns with ¼ cup pizza sauce and ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese to cover all the sauce, meat and edges of buns.
6. Bake at 450°F for 12-15 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Remove from oven and serve warm.